Sunday, June 24, 2007

Shabab and kebab, on the house!

As both parties crossed each other on the gravel path to enter the club, I felt Runu's hand brush my butt…

I turned around to see if he had actually touched me…and realized he was looking at me, to see if I had noticed. He had touched me. And as fleetingly as his hand had rested on my behind, Runu diverted his eyes and walked away with Assima, who had been glaring at me. Something told me she too had noticed what had just happened. But I wondered why it bothered Her, she had a husband?

On reaching inside, it was the usual scene at a party with free booze. In the earlier part of the evening, you will find most people standing at the bar, towards the middle of the evening, there are people at the bar, on the bar and on the dance floor; and towards the end of the evening, there's the bar, the dance floor and down there, the people. If you ever want to see the real side of people, don't just give them alcohol, tell them it's FREE and watch them drink themselves beyond self respect or sanity. And it's worse with the Good Girls. Now Good Girls usually don't drink, smoke, flirt with men or wear push-up bras. Good Girls are also the ones who blush at the mention of the word 'sex' though I can bet my a**e, if you could peep into their (wet) dreams, you'd come back three shades of scarlet. They would be that HOT. And these Good Girls, usually get REALLY drunk on free booze and after that… It's a free show. They will rub themselves over the men while dancing 'innocently', announce "oh I am so drunk" and then drape themselves over some more guys, say the corniest things and then giggle and keep announcing sporadically that they are very drunk. I don't like getting drunk in public – it smudges your makeup. But I can definitely pretend to be drunk when the occasion demands it. Like when there is a really dishy guy and I want to feel him up.

So like any other party, everyone was at the bar and the designated Good Girls of the office – Diya, Liya and Celia, TLC they were called, they found it cute, it made me cringe – were being their giggly best and gingerly sniffing each alcoholic drink, taking gigantic sips from each and then scowling as well. Two minutes of watching them do this and I really wanted to slap them.
To be continued…

No comments: